Wednesday, September 5, 2012

New Old Patterns (Vintage Vouge)

V2903
After seeing that Vouge patterns were on sale at our local fabric store, i decided to look them up to see if they had any 'new' (reproduction) vintage ones.
Do they ever!
Not only that, but the biggest selection i have ever seen!
CLICK HERE to go to the Vintage Vouge homepage.
They have everything from sundresses to wedding dresses, from suits to coats and even a few hat patterns!
They are all from the 1930s thru the 50s and two 60s patterns. 
All you have to do is click on one and it tells you the price, sewing level and whatever drawings and fabric suggestions, notions and etc. that you would see on the back of the pattern.
I cant wait to go to the store!
This 1938 ensemble is definatley one of my favorites.  I have lots of 50s and 60s dresses i've found at thrift stores and the like, but do not own any 30s stuff, save family photos.  Why not make a bunch in whatever colors i like?
V8767


V8767
V8767
V8767

I also CANNOT RESIST this 1947 suit.  I think it looks very much like the suit Allie Fortune wears on the cover of the book Miss Fortune (by Sara Mills).
I love it!

V1019
V1019
V1019
V1019

Ok, those two are my favorite, but who doesnt love 1940s A-line dresses?  The only down side to this one is that its at an advanced sewing level :(
V2787
V2787
V2787

1952 flattering coat dress
V2401

1946 dress (isnt the model cute?)
V8728
V8728
V8728

I'm deaply considering  this 1933 Nacy Drew looking suit

V8686
V8686
V8686

APRONS!!!!
V8643
And who doesnt love wedding dresses...

V8729
V8729
V8729
V8729

and dont forget the hats!

(30s and 40s)
V7464

(40s-50s)
V8052


...Ok so i'm obviously not going to buy everything i've shown.. i dont think... but  now we both know of some awsome vintage patterns that arnet over 50s yrs old and make us nervous.  We can also skip the next strange colored frock we like the style but not the pattern we see, because i can make one with whatever print i like!
I hope you enjoyed!
Beth

3 comments:

seannaapproved said...

Vintage Vogue is so neat. I am not as good a seamstress as I would like so I'm not going to attempt Vogue yet (since they tend to be a little trickier than Simplicity and mccalls) but I adore the reproductions!!

Beth said...

yes, vouge patterns are in a slightly higher leage than what i'm comfortable with, but i cant resisit!
thanks Sean!
beth

The Farmers Daughter said...

Oh, MY!!! I'm going to the link right now! I have a hard time finding true vintage clothing here, and when I do, I hesitate to wear it because it IS vintage. I've looked at other pattern companies but haven't found any that I liked for me--but these are simply great! You know vintage must be catching on for Vogue to have so many patterns.