Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dress Inspiration: Happy Spring!






  Hello everybody and happy first day of spring!

 I have been working on literally one dress after another in every spare moment I can get due to the fact that i recently found a boatload of great vintage/older patterns at different thrift stores.  Most of them have spring-like fabrics but there was a long sleeve dress that i made in dark purple about a week ago in case it turns cold again.

  If i really work at it (that and i am steadily getting better at sewing) and don't neglect any other things that needed to be done around the house i can get an easy dress finished in about a week.  But they have been taking me about two weeks because i have also been knitting a lot.

  I was stumped on a fabric choice and decided i needed a little vintage spring dress inspiration.  I Googled it and now I'm crazy about it.  It really did help with my color choice by the way. 

  So come on and get inspired with me on this first day of spring!

  Here are some of my favorites:
  I own none of the pictures, nor do i claim to they all are the result of a simple Google search.  Enjoy.


 




*Sigh*   I almost wish it was the 1940s...
Hope you liked it!
So long,
Beth

No comments: